Is it Moving Time
Summer is a busy moving time for everyone in the US. Usually, moving season begins in March and ends at the beginning of September when school starts, during the season prices are much higher than offseason because of the higher demand for relocation services.
Luckily, we are here to help you understand how the moving seasons work and when it is time for you to move!
March to August
- Usually, companies will not try to fight for the customers and will provide you with a fair offer during the season period as there is enough demand to move, result: fair prices
- The best period to move out of state to more Northern states like Illinois, Michigan, Montana, Washington, etc.
- Delivery time frames are much better, more customers going in the same direction
- Higher prices, actual prices can be 30-50% higher than the off-season period.
- Delivery time frames for local moves, in-state are longer.
- Companies are overbooked, and there is a higher chance that movers will not be there on the date that you reserve the move for.
September to March
- Price, cheaper rates.
- Moving companies have more flexibility (easy scheduling)
- Moving in Florida can be more comfortable, cooler weather.
- Better delivery time frames if you are moving in-state.
- Lowball estimates from a non-reputable mover (companies trying to survive in season and catch customers) Result in a much higher price.
- Harder to move out of state during winter, extended delivery time frames for the period from late November to February.
- Delivery time frames are longer, harder for movers to assemble truck with necessary amounts of goods to deliver.
With Interwest Moving, it is always the best time to move. Our experienced movers and our top-of-the-line trucks help provide a moving service that is unique and efficient no matter what the condition of the move is in. If you are ready to sit back and relax while we move your stuff for you, give us a call!